Beginning with Gratitude
I want to give a warm heart-felt welcome to all of you who are visiting this new website.
In Soto Zen monasteries, a chant is recited at meals that begins, “Seventy-two labors brought us this food. We should know how it comes to us.” Seventy-two refers to the seventy-two individual jobs found in a monastery ranging from the cook to the abbot whose labors allow for the spiritual community to flourish. The creation and flourishing of this website is also dependent upon the labors of many people. I would like to begin by expressing my gratitude for all of the people who made this website into a (virtual) reality. Without their help, I would not have been able to do it.
I would like to express gratitude to:
– My wife, Robin, for being my editor extraordinaire and the love of my life.
– My brother, Mike, for vast amounts of technical guidance and hosting my website.
– Gretchen for her gifted eye that created the beautiful photos that adorn my website.
– Jon for doing the actual design and creation of the website
– Emily for helping me figure out the initial ideas for the website.
– And to all of you who have made it possible for me to offer the teachings of the Dharma and the invaluable tool of Somatic Experiencing!
Much Gratitude and I look forward to our continued journeys together.